1. Joy, my new roommate moved in yesterday. Wow! As far as furniture and household items goes; what I was missing, she has and what she was missing, I have.
2. I am looking for physically intensive part-time work in my neighborhood to pay my share of rent and utilities.
3. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow! **EDIT** I made it to the doc on the 15th** I’ve been ashamed for two months fearing calling my doctor. My anxiety level is high and concentrating is hard. I trust my doctor and wish I could have gone to visit her two months ago after Eric had left. I am hoping the doctor may be able to prescribe an aid to help with my focus and anxiety in order to become financially independent again. I have thoughts of giving up and succumbing to GHB addiction and have decided GHB is not worth it. A prescription is a drug nonetheless, but prescribed drugs are dose and ingredient consistent where illegal drugs are not.
4. Discovered earlier this week that I have f@#$ing Bleep Bleep bleepity BED BUGS in my apartment. The more humans the more bugs. May the infestation begin. Please read Friendly Considerations for an in depth look at what faces people when they move to Vancouver.
5. Pest control is arriving tomorrow. We have to pack everything in our apartment into garbage bags tonight, remove everything from the walls and pull all furniture out one foot from the walls. We must vacate for six hours with my cat while the exterminators do their work. The damn bed bugs are crawling up the pipes from below me. They are not in my bed. They are in the bathroom and under the sink.
6. Vancouver is experiencing a bed bug infestation right now. They are everywhere in the city; from the poorest to the richest neighborhoods. This sounds similar to what is happening in New York City.
7. I read every comment on this Blog of mine. It may take me a day or two to respond, sometime a alittle longer when outside/offline life is knocking at my door.
8. This week I weened myself off of Pepsi. On Sunday I had none and was miserable. I have been drinking only one can per day everyday this week. I am astonished with this as my previous intake of Pepsi was two liters or 12 cans per day. I have nothing to lose but weight! YES!
9. I am drinking herbal teas. I purchased Yerba MatÃ© to have in the morning as a much safer organic alternative to Pepsi. I do not drink nor have ever enjoy the taste or smell of coffee. Switching to coffee from Pepsi would just be gross.
10. I have been clean for 532 days of GHB. I plan on continuing to count the days when I feel like it. It boosts my self-esteem and is one choice I made and proud of.
11. I have achieved financial independence a few times during my life to the point where my debt has been minimal to non-existent. After a relationship/marriage breakup/divorce though I am left poorer while the man goes into a higher tax bracket. I have some tough emotions and negative feelings towards men. I will be seeking counseling for this in the near future.
12. Joy very recently went through a break-up as I did. Her older sister is an addict living on an unnamed Canadian City street. We speak openly about our issues and thus far are finding solace in, and encouraging each other to keep going, trust in our own decisions and most of all eat regular and healthy meals.
13. A special thank you to you, mom and dad for loving me from so far away.