On January 2nd of this year I wrote a 2009 Goals List. I am revisiting that list now seeing as 2009 is quickly coming to a close. In blockquotes is the goal and just below is the update…
1. Get my site off of WordPress.com and back to self-hosting
I accomplished this goal. I self host a wordpress blog on Media Temple.
2. Increase sales in the shop to 5-10 per day
My sales numbers remained steady at 1 – 6 sales per day throughout 2009, however the dollar value of each sale did increase. 😉
3. Fall in Love
Still searching for that ultimate love… I’ve met some wonderful men along the way but none that truly make me go wow! The year is not done yet!
4. Buy a 4-Family home in Uptown Saint John, live in one unit and rent the other three out
I purchased a 4 bedroom house in East Saint John (5 minutes driving or 25 minutes walking from Uptown Saint John) and rent out 3 of those 4 bedrooms to people. I share 2 bathrooms and a kitchen with them. My tenants have their own living room as do I.
5. Blog 7 to 15 times per month
I certainly met this goal! Yay!
6. Update Flickr 2 to 3 times per week
Well, it seems my use of flickr has evolved and I tend to update it irregularly with sometimes only one picture or with many illustrations all at once. And I’m happy with that!
7. Finish paying off massive 11 year Student loan debt – I’m so close I can taste it!
It seems there is a still a little debt remaining which I must take care of in 2010. You think you are done but you are not…
8. Introduce Flat rate shipping into the shop
I did this during the summer of 2009. You pay the shipping on the most expensive or heaviest item in your cart and each additional item thereafter only costs you a penny to ship! Go shopping now eh!
9. Introduce ready to hang Stretched Canvas prints and larger sized prints into the shop
The larger sized prints began showing up in the shop about three months ago. Canvass prints will be there hopefully in 2010!
10. Introduce new art (yes, I’ve been busy creating new pieces)
Many new artworks were introduced during the year inlcuding the The School of Fish, The Sultry Seahorse (a personal favorite!), Absynthe 99, Christopher the Fish, Set it Free, Hope (Peace Edition), Martha the Elephant, And a wave of sadness washed over me, The Indigo Urchin and Friends, Pussy Willows, Knowledge #1 and #2, Rolling Roses, A freind said these flowers look like breasts, Evolution, The three little kittens, Soft, Point, Float and Spring Magnolia’s… and many many more…
11. Get to four years sober off of GHB in August
And I did just that and grew some potatoes instead!
12. Do not develop another addiction
The addiction I battle is smoking. I did my best to quit in 2009 but to this day am still smoking. And I smoke OUTSIDE and diligently wash my hands before handling art and supplies. My house is a non-smoking household at all times!
13. Hire a housekeeper once per week once I’m in my new pad because as my art is created clean, neat and tidy and shipped out to you in the same way my housekeeping skills are not so
I am the hired housekeeper of this house.
14. Do 2 small custom design jobs per month
Yes, I did this.
15. Sell 1 large original artwork per month
Yes, I did this to.
16. Be featured in the local newspaper
I did something better by attending my first local art sale!
17. Be featured in a National women’s magazine
I have the proper contacts now and hope to fulfill this in 2010.
18. Be featured on a huge blog
19. After Falling in love maybe make a baby
Um, yeah… it’s looking more and more like I’ll need to go to a sperm bank. On the other hand I’m not sure I even want to see kids in the picture…
20. After massive student loan debt is paid off continue to live debt free except for paying the mortgage which will be paid off by tenants which will in turn, turn into my own financial security in 25 years when I retire
I’m working on this one people!
21. Maintain healthy weight of 130 to 135lbs
Yes, I met this goal!
22. Take a 2 week long vacation
I went away for one fabulous week in April/May with my Mom to Southern Ontario. Here are the pics! I’ve taken little weekends here and there and hope to next year get an actual Canadian passport and travel far far away!
23. OLDisNEW vintage will be getting a massive update
This is a work in progress… believe me there will be more fantastic stock in that shop this coming year! I have loads of it!
24. Earn more than poverty level income in Canada for the first time in four years
I am earning more but am also spending more because I own a house 😉
25. Most of all I will continue to strive to be happy and believe in magic
This is an ongoing process… that will continue for the rest of my life.
Anyhow, it was a great year! I’m so happy to have met you all and glad you are here and a part of my life!