Today, would have been the day that I announce the winners of the donation drive but not enough donations came in to make the draw worthwhile. I’ll be refunding all donations later today (even though I said I wouldn’t within the post) that came in over the last couple of weeks. I couldn’t on good conscience keep them when not enough came in to even draw for the smallest prize.
It’s always a good thing to try something once and even twice at times when it comes to life, relationships or work related stuff. So, I tried it and it didn’t work.
What I learned over the last few months:
- What people say isn’t what they actually do
- What people like isn’t actually what they buy
- Take certain personalities with a grain of salt while trusting others with your deepest secrets
- There are some who taunt and some who encourage
- And some who desperately want to see you fail because of their own shortcomings
- And others whom will cheer you on and strive for your success as they work diligently towards their own too
All in all everyone brings value to the table and that is, in itself, inspiration enough!
The world would be a dull and bland place if everyone looked, acted and dressed the same. Sadly, the mainstream media would have you beleive that that is the way you should be.
I grew much skin over the last few months. And I’m glad you are all here.
With all that said, I’ll be placing a permanent donation button in the sidebar and on my about page later today for anyone who happens upon the site and feels it’s helped them in some way.