It’s so easy to focus on what’s wrong and forget about what is right within our own personal lives. These last few months I’ve found myself pulling away from the online world and forming and strengthening relationships in the real world and honing and learning new skills that will indeed help me in the future.
While the cooler Fall weather settles into the Northern Hemisphere we need to take stock of what is good and positive.
Here is a list of 10 good things.
1. Vegetable and herb gardening in the backyard (rainbow chard pictured above)
2. Eating locally sourced organic food (meats, eggs, veggies)
3. Learning to freeze, preserve, pickle and can with Mom
4. Building a cold room for storing root veggies with Dad
5. Building two new decks on the house with my Dad and Brother
6. Family and friends
7. Three great tenants living in the house
8. 2012 Calendars are listed
9. The hypothyroidism is under control
10. Seriously thinking of beginning an organic farm
A few readers have written asking why I haven’t been blogging. The Summer slow down perhaps? Nothing to say maybe. Needing downtime and outside time in order to keep it all in perspective for when I’m able to return to it most likely.
I don’t like to make promises as they are surely to be broken but I can say that I’m never very far away and doing my best to work through some creative, insurance (nightmares) and future-proof business solutions so that the good things might multiply.
I hope you all are doing well too.
The kitten pictured above is my parents new kitten. She is crazy and had jumped on my lap to play with the camera cord.