Today I am thankful to be alive albeit sick with the flu.
Today I am thankful to have you in my life.
Today I am thankful to be earning a living with my art.
Today I am thankful to own my own home.
Today I am thankful Missy is better and blinking that eye again.
Today I am humbled.
And there is so much more that I am thankful for but I am sick and moving a little slower than usual and must step away from the computer to begin the weekly housekeeping of the tenants rooms today so that later I can relax at my folks place for turkey dinner. Yum! xo
Just a small note of thanks to all of you! I read each and every one of your comments on this blog. If there is one thing I’ve learned during life it is this; to not to hide your sadness, anger or frustrations. And that those feelings are as valid as happiness, love and acceptance.
So, here’s to you today!
Kimberly from A Kimberly Design
Mark Dykeman from Broadcasting Brain
LynnDel from Mrs. Noodles
Julia from One Woman Studio
Karen Faulkner from Karen Faulkner Art
Nina from The Canvas Dog
BevE from Merry Weather Book Blog
Heather from Heather Jerdee
Karin Grow from Karin Grow
Son of Incogneato from Son of Incog
Goog from the comments
Donna from Tiny gold Crowns
Matt Craven from Bryght Path
Lorrie from Illusio Creative
range from The Memoirs
Alex from Lexi Art
Ruth from Ruth J. Jamieson
Beth from Indie North
Kara from Kara Phillips Design
Allison Whittington from Paint and Ink
Andrew from Drawing Strangers
France from Wagonized
Hélène from Une Page Sanistre
Joanna from Joanna Photography
Harold from Harold Fedderson
Tia from Sugar Lotus
Maria Cerezo from Neuva Primavera
Esther and Estella from Star of the East
Alicia from the Sunday Blog
Ruthie from 5 Precious Things
Crystal from Queen of Torts
Melinda from Melinda Mulcahy
Mario from Medusa de Lumbre
Melanie from Melanie’s Crafts
Dinah from DraginFly Enchantment
I traveled back in time one month to find you all here on this blog!
Thank you for the wonderful conversation!
- Get my site off of WordPress.com and back to self-hosting
- Increase sales in the shop to 5-10 per day
- Fall in Love
- Buy a 4-Family home in Uptown Saint John, live in one unit and rent the other three out
- Blog 7 to 15 times per month
- Update Flickr 2 to 3 times per week
- Finish paying off massive 11 year Student loan debt – I’m so close I can taste it!
- Introduce Flat rate shipping into the shop
- Introduce ready to hang Stretched Canvas prints and larger sized prints into the shop
- Introduce new art (yes, I’ve been busy creating new pieces)
- Get to four years sober off of GHB in August
- Do not develop another addiction
- Hire a housekeeper once per week once I’m in my new pad because as my art is created clean, neat and tidy and shipped out to you in the same way my housekeeping skills are not so
- Do 2 small custom design jobs per month
- Sell 1 large original artwork per month
- Be featured in the local newspaper
- Be featured in a National women’s magazine
- Be featured on a huge blog
- After Falling in love maybe make a baby
- After massive student loan debt is paid off continue to live debt free except for paying the mortgage which will be paid off by tenants which will in turn, turn into my own financial security in 25 years when I retire
- Maintain healthy weight of 130 to 135lbs
- Take a 2 week long vacation
- OLDisNEW vintage will be getting a massive update
- Earn more than poverty level income in Canada for the first time in four years
- Most of all I will continue to strive to be happy and believe in magic
I wish you all the best this year in 2009 and thank you for reading my blog and for the conversation during the ups and downs in 2008.
*Domestic (Canada): December 15th, 2008
*United Sates: December 1st, 2008
*International: November 28th, 2008
Just a note to say that the above are the shipping deadlines for ordering art from my shop if you want your order to arrive in time for Christmas. And sadly, postal delays that are beyond my control do happen even when I get the packages to the post office on time. About 3% of orders that I ship out arrive much later than anticipated due to being held up in customs or other undetermined reasons. BUT all orders I’ve shipped out DO arrive to their final destination.
I can ship XpressPost or PriorityPost via CanadaPost if you miss these deadlines. You can contact me for the applicable rates on Etsy or by the email located in the sidebar on this blog. And conversely, I can upgrade you to XpressPost or PriorityPost if you want your order faster than the following times taken from my shop policies page on Etsy:
Canada – 3 days to 2 weeks
USA – 3 to 6 weeks (have yet to figure out why it is slow)
Europe – 2 to 4 weeks
Asia – 2 to 6 weeks
Australia – 2 to 6 weeks
All other international destinations – 2 to 6 weeks
(Average to everywhere other than Canada is about 9 days to 3 weeks. And there is that 3% that arrive in 5 to 6 weeks for some unknown reason. Please keep in mind that if your order is late that it will arrive. OK?)
All orders are shipped First Class Regular mail for flat items and Expedited or Small Parcel for larger 3 dimensional objects from New Brunswick, Canada. Shipping this way keeps costs lower for the both of us. If you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I made a treasury list. Well the Basic Penis drawing made a Treasury West List on Etsy. It is the little penis drawing on the bottom left corner just left of the Dinky Finger Puppets below.
Thanks soapyho for making me laugh and adding me to the list.
This a personal note to myself that I am progressing. You are welcome to read and comment. I edited and updated the original list which can be found here.
I was commissioned back in January to paint four paintings (by a person who wishes to remain anonymous) or as one large painting that depicts the four seasons in my own style of painting. There was no time period set as a completion date for delivery. I will set one now. Friday, April 20/2007. I have set up an almost functional artists studio. Yay. I am currently on the look-out for a drafting table chair or another chair suitable for the existing drafting table already in the studio.
- I am now completing the design and logo for Scott Wallick and his wife Binita. I have begun the project and have already sent the initial proofs and they have since come back to me for alterations.
Things got out of hand this week Scott. I am making the necessary changes in my life to complete this project. Date for completion – April 08/2007.I moved all my office furniture and computer related geekery into the second bedroom . I bought myself a pot of daisies; violet, yellow and white. They sit on the computer desk beside Missy in her basket.
I need toothpaste.Found: a tiny travel size toothpaste in the bathroom. Will need toothpaste soon. 😀
Rodrigo Pradel’s MailArt arrived in the post today. Made my day dude! I have yet to open the package and peer inside. I am excited about this. I hope my packaged MailArt arrives to you soon. I sent it regular mail as I could not afford express mail.
I have since opened his and he has opened mine. And the tale of two cameras & lone scanner. Go stretch your neck a bit.
Discontinue use of Pepsi tomorrow. I began drinking an awful lot of it during the past week and especially last night. I am drinking Pepsi and I like it.
Return all bottles/cans for money tomorrow. Buy toothpaste and cigarettes with money. I’ll be walking a few bags to the redemption center every other day to get out and exercise and earn some money at the same time; albeit a few bucks per trip. Returned.
- I have enough food.
My hydro and internet bills are current.
I will need to cover another $500 in rent if my ex-roommate stops payment on her check for this month. I have 3 months to cover that. I DO Have to cover the other half rental related expenses. she did not pay I have until the end of the 2 months to cover that.
- I will be signing a new lease with my landlord in my own name.
No roommate, no ex-boyfriend. And the hard feelings I have for them are fading. I am as much a part of this mess as they were.
- Breathing. Breath
deeply in and out for 10 breaths.
- I got myself into this mess and I will get myself out of this mess. Messes
can be organized. I will am doing my best.
- Try not to Think about the past. If it comes into mind, accept this and, it will pass. The future is
not now; therefore the present is. peaceful of mind.
Do NOT go into more debt. I have not gone into more debt since my ex-boyfriend left. Working pays off debt.
It has been hard but I am doing it. Continue working. Working is good.
I can not begin selling my artwork online through Etsy because I cannot and choose not to use my Visa. I have four two more payments to make and Visa will be happy. I had already negotiated with them back in January to make 6 equal payments and not use the card while making them. I have made two payments thus far. I am proud of myself for doing that and am sticking to it. These negotiations have kept me out of collection. I had excellent credit through my twenties and early thirties. I hope to have that back again as I enter my mid-thirties.
Go see my doctor and speak with her about a prescription. I went and purchased Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride (Benedryl) to combat an extreme anxiety attack where I broke out in hives and something leaked in my right ear. Talk to the doctor about this. Show her the pages I wrote out after the attack. Ask about getting my hearing and vision checked.
Anxiety can fuck ya up fer real. Trust it will pass. Reality will seep in eventually. Physical symptoms will ease. I still find it incredible that, an anxiety attack can last weeks and produce physical symptoms. It’s akin to having a flu particularly affecting thought and emotion coordination. I haven’t experienced hives come on that fast since late 2003. I had forgot what to do and now remember again hence the purchase of antihistamine. What I don’t quite understand is why I freak out.
Pray to whatever is out there.Meditate.
If you are interested in sponsoring this Blog? please get in touch with me. You can Contact me. easily now. I created a contact page And thanks to an article on Lorelle’s Blog that pointed me to a great contact plugin by Mike Cherim. Note to self – Donate to the plugin creator via paypal today. Done. Thank you, Lorelle and Mike.
Contact AstroNutrition for any immediate design work they need done, today.I am currently freelancing for AstroNutrition and the work will be finished this evening.
- I contacted Gallery Gachet located here in the city of Vancouver two evenings ago. They specifically work with mentally retarded people. Strike that. 😉 They work with Artists who are facing mental health issues and who use their feelings to create their art with. They have many links to organizations who work with artist’s to overcome personal fears and in so doing, help them make a living through their art. I hope they respond to my inquiry. Gallery Gachet responded to my inquiry by mailing me a brochure through the post. I am also attending an orientation session on May 7th. I am hoping to write a proposal to them, for an exhibit idea. The deadline for this is in July for possible 2008 exhibits.
all those around me, including myself. Remain Be calm and to focus. on on the above numbered tasks.