Have you ever noticed how busy people seem to get more done?
I’ve heard that if you have a task that needs completing, give it to a busy person. They’ll get it done. Probably in a timely fashion too.
Maybe it has something to do with physics. People with a lot to do have a lot more energy whirling around them. They’re already moving fast. Adding something else just propels them faster. Tasks are easy because they’re used to doing them. They cook and clean simultaneously.
Now think of that person who never does anything. Their biggest contribution in life is unlocking a weapon in a video game. They sleep during the day. They have all the free time in the world to complete as many projects as they want. Yet… Would you have any confidence whatsoever that this person would be able to complete your task at all, let alone quickly?
I wouldn’t either. Continue reading
It’s easy to forget that our creativity needs practice. We often take artistic abilities for granted, because it’s just “been there” since we were children. Most of us are artists because it comes naturally. Sure we might have to learn discipline about the business aspects, but the art! Hey, that’s the fun part! That’s eeeeasy.
Until you hit a block. Then you spend each day staring at an empty screen or a blank canvas, cursing at the white space, convinced your career is over. The crying. The despair. Or maybe that’s just me. Continue reading
Isn’t she the most insane floating snail you’ve ever seen only in your dreams! I thoroughly enjoyed creating this piece. She measures 10 by 10 inches (30,5cm by 30,5cm).
The Messenger of Whimsy was created with Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens, Micron Pens, Prismacolor coloured Pencils and Winsor and Newton watercolour on Arches cold press rough watercolour paper. Continue reading
I find myself at a crossroads at the moment and unsure of what road to travel down.
Do I pack up, sell the house and move into a smaller home or into an apartment? I did the cost crunching and it would basically cost about the same as where I’m living right now. So, I am staying put. One decision made.
Do I continue to find people to rent rooms to? This is the nagging question that’s been spiralling in my head as of late. I had many problems last Fall with the people I was renting to; missing tenants, unpaid rent and excessive use of scented products which in the case of the latter I’m severely allergic to.
The missing tenant was thankfully found after I was featured on the local news and is coming clean on the money he owes me while another tenant will likely be served legal papers and taken to court for the monies he owes to me. Oddly enough the third tenant who wears excessive cologne wants to move back in and when I received the email I spat out a mouthful of water onto my desk in shock. What did he not understand? Even the money he paid his rent with reeked of cologne and made my finger tips swell when handling it and I had to encase it in plastic before travelling to deposit it at the bank. This same person vehemently hated cats and hissed and shoed Missy repeatedly telling me to keep her out of his room. I said you’ll have to accept that she lives here and this is her home and that if you don’t want her in your room you’ll have to gently pick her up and place her outside of your room. Continue reading
The original ACEO sized illustration is listed on HandmadeCloud.
I created a larger 5×7 print of this illustration. It is matted to an 8×10 inch size and ready to pop into your favorite frame and hang on your kitchen or dining room walls.
UPDATE – the sale in now over. Thank you! Use coupon code BLACKFRIDAY during checkout and you’ll receive 25% OFF your entire purchase. This coupon code works on both HandmadeCloud and Etsy. This code is good until tonight at midnight. Happy Cyber Monday!
It’s been suggested a few times that I sit down and write out what I’m looking for in a man. I’ve done this with jobs, dreams and other life altering events and thus far the track record of the results has been very good. But I’ve never taken this approach to finding a partner. Perhaps you are the man I’m looking for?
- You are intelligent.
- You prefer Mac to PC.
- You are a geek.
- You are not a nerd, but a geek. And you are passionate about it.
- You believe in the future, live in the present and learn from your past.
- You are grounded with no current severe addictions, afflictions of the heart or mental instabilities that need prompt medical attention.
- You have no children but are open to the idea of having a child or maybe two.
- You love your job, career or calling and thrive on it.
- You are not in debt (save for your rent, mortgage and/or car payments) and pay your current bills on time.
- You love family and close friends.
- You are not a social butterfly that needs to be entertained hourly by other people.
- You can spell and love the intricacies of language.
- You enjoy silence and it doesn’t freak you out.
- You are good with your hands.
- You don’t mind getting them dirty.
- You listen well.
- You enjoy cooking.
- You are clean.
- You are not overweight.
- You are at or above 5’10”.
- You know what a blog is and perhaps have one yourself.
- You prefer slow cooking to fast food.
- You actually loathe fast food.
- You are a non smoker.
- You can read between the lines.
- You are a sexual creature and are well endowed.
- You are perhaps a Pisces, Cancer or Capricorn.
- You believe in Magic.
- You are creative and can think outside of the box while jumping up and down on it to smush those outdated beliefs.
- You like gardening.
- You believe your home is your sanctuary.
- Your home can be anywhere.
- You do not need to own the latest fashions or gadgets to feel good about yourself.
- You are honest with your emotions but don’t wear them on your sleeve.
- You believe in talking it out rather than walking away.
- You own up to your mistakes.
- You believe in mother earth.
- You treat people with kindness.
- You prefer ambient beats, house music or even the odd techno blip or live band to country, rap or top 40.
- You are between the age of 37 and 42.
- You know what HTML is.
- You know how to use a hammer.
- You look at the person you are talking to.
- You are more anxious than depressed.
- You can laugh.
- You can make me laugh.
- You know the difference between hugging and getting it on.
- You like pens that click and have awesome ink flow.
- You don’t snore.
- You flirt.
- You have faith in humanity.
- You have beautiful eyes and decent teeth.
- You believe there is a solution to any problem and work to resolve differences or in the least agree to disagree.
- You like walking outside.
- You aren’t ashamed of your past.
- You have been in love maybe more than once.
- You have had your heart broken.
- You understand math.
- You have healthy habits and even some quirky one’s that you are working on.
- You stand up for yourself.
- You encourage but do not enable.
- You are not afraid of colour.
- You love anomalies.
- You’ve consumed drugs in the past to enlighten yourself.
- You prefer wine or cider to beer and cooler.
- You believe in quantum physics and have jumped into the rabbit hole on occasion.
- You believe we will live on another planet within a 100 years.
- You eat your vegetables and love them.
- You know what you like and what you don’t like and don’t lie about it.
- You like Fringe.
- You dislike Glee.
- You dislike hockey.
- You have a hairy chest and can grow a full beard.
- You do not wear cologne, perfume or use scented products.
- You have larger hands than me.
- You don’t dart your tongue like a jackhammer while kissing or hold it there and do nothing.
- You have full lips.
- You talk about things that interest you.
- You share your life experience openly.
- You don’t hide when things get tuff.
- You know when to call it quits.
- You aren’t that fond of wearing stripes.
- You hate malls.
- You can keep up with me and perhaps slow me down when needed.
- You like to be followed.
- You like taking the lead and put your hand out to do so without even asking if it’s OK.
- You talk with your actions.
- You are a man!
- You like fruit.
- You like fish, chicken and other meats but do believe in vegetarianism to.
- You buy second hand.
- You buy new when needed.
- You believe in handmade.
- You understand the law.
- You understand politics.
- You are gentle but strong.
- You like your nipples touched.
- You like to touch nipples.
- You can take or leave floor play.
- You can keep it up.
- You are not married.
- You are not recently separated.
- You like gallery openings.
- You like dancing.
- You like trees.
- You like architecture.
- You love the ocean and swimming it.
- You like sand.
- You have a hobby.
- You can build things in real life.
- You can build things online too.
- You inspire me.
- You like Tetris.
- You aren’t so much into violence unless you’re being attacked by a bear.
- You like lady bugs.
- You dislike hornets.
- You are not afraid of spiders.
- You are not afraid of the dark.
- You are not afraid of rain or fog.
- You might have allergies.
- You might have minor current health issues.
- You know that Facebook is not the internet.
- You earn enough money to support a family.
- You are creative and can solve problems.
- You are wordly.
- You have traveled.
- You can tell wonderful stories.
- You don’t mind repeating yourself.
- You aren’t scared to make the first move.
- You are…
That about sums it up folks. I pulled both the good and the bad from all my relationships and the above list is what I came up with for what I’m looking for in a man. If this is you, you can get in touch with me by emailing eastvanesica (AT) gmail DOT com.
Update – Many of the comments below are being imported from my Google Buzz feed. If you want to respond them go to Google Buzz.
Is there an original in my Etsy shop or on HandmadeCloud that you just must have to hang on your lovely wall or need as a gracious gift for this fast approaching and upcoming holiday season?
Make me an offer during the next 72 hours on any (or all) original(s) and if I accept your offer, I’ll reduce the price of the original for you to purchase immediately.
Simply contact me or leave a comment below with your offer and the link(s) to the work you would like to own.
This sale is only good on original artwork and illustration. And I can guarantee that any reasonable offer(s) will be accepted.
Where are those special one of kind originals you ask?
Originals on HandmadeCloud
Originals on Etsy
It began a few weeks ago as simply a feeling of being tired and overwhelmed. Then it progressed into exhaustion and not being able to keep up with myself or rather do all the things I wanted no needed to do. After a week or so a slight sore throat developed and that too went away but the tiredness remained.
Usually a day or two before a sickness takes a real hold of me I tend to get this adrenaline rush and feel so physically awesome running around and do so much in such a short period of time like today is the last day that I’ll ever be alive and everything I ever wanted to do must be done now! Sadly, deep down inside on that day I know that I’m going to crash pretty hard and boy the crash has been long winded this time around.