Title – Puzzled Stiletto Shoe
Medium – Ink on Fabriano Paper with some colour added in Photoshop
Artist’s Statement from EastVanEsica
Stare at the
flower staring @
at the cactus
on the shoe
Update – This drawing initially lead to the creation of another drawing which I posted to the Blog Herald, entitled Echo Chamber Drawing. Bloggers in particular will get a kick out of it. 😉 Myself, I do not enjoy reading the same topic over and over again on many blogs unless the blogger has added her own voice and opinion to the topic and/or includes some new found facts. The happy face and cacti have been carried over that drawing.
Over the next couple of weeks I’ll being creating much of the background design for my site. Having been sidetracked and thus overwhelmed by the immensity of this task, I have decided by far, I Jessica Doyle am not a master programmer nor coder. I understand the basics, like in arythmatic that 1+1=2. The weight has lifted! I have decided to barter or subcontract any and/or all programming/coding I cannot resolve myself within a reasonable amount of time in hopes of creating a network between said person or company. Perhaps in return they will barter or subcontract work to me. Currently I am in negotiation with a company. I’ll keep you all posted.
I’m also on the hunt for a Fine Art Representative to sell or license my art and illustration to galleries, greeting card or stock illustration companies to name a few.
With all that said. This is what I’m good at!
• Colour & Typography
• Painting, Drawing & Illustration by hand or digitally
• Filmmaking & editing
• Print or Package Design including magazines, biz cards, brochures
• Design Consultation
• Creative & Art Direction
• Image restoration, cropping & colour correction for web or print design
…and this is what I’ll be doing over the next month.
UPDATE (OCT – 2007) “This” will be ongoing for the rest of my life.
• Design website (www.jessicadoyle.ca) in Photoshop
• Implement Google Adsense, Amazon Books, Affiliates, RSS’s into the website design
• Pick an image viewer to integrate into WordPress (Coppermine, Zenphoto or WPG2)
• Make sure film footage can be uploaded in the programming part
• Have said website coded into a theme for WordPress along with any needed plugins & upgrades
• Upload visual, written & moving stimuli
• Begin contacting galleries, potential employers & advertisers
• Create, write, design & film in peace
• Barter or subcontract extensive programming & coding (i.e PHP, Java, etc…)
• Begin search for rep
*The above vector illustration was rendered in Adobe Illustrator by Jessica Doyle.
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::